The biggest update for the Opera Mini on iPhone and iPad is here. It comes with a completely new look. Once you’ve tried it, you’ll see what a great fit it is for your iOS device. Opera Mini has long been a must for people on the go, roaming to distant places of the world, and, with Opera Mini 8, it takes its place as the all-inclusive alternative web browser.Choose the best compression mode
1. Opera Mini mode is the classic mode, which helps you achieve up to 90% savings.
2. Opera Turbo mode provides a full web experience while still saving you data. It saves you up to 50%.
3. Data savings off is a no-compression mode, straight-to-the-source option, ensures maximum website compatibility.
Discover fresh content
Swipe left from the Speed Dial page and the Discover feature will fetch content from a variety of high-quality news websites, blogs and more for a super-easy overview of what’s new on the web.
Stack up your pages
Opera Mini now shows every tab neatly stacked for a quick overview, so you can handle sites with simple gestures. Swipe left and right to quickly leaf through the open tabs, or swipe up on an open page to close it.
There is so much more in this update, we have to resort to bullet points:
* Bookmark your favorite sites on the Speed Dial page. You can also group them together in bundles.
* Select “New Private Tab” from the menu if you want some privacy. Switch easily between your private and non-private tabs, keeping their open pages separate.
* The combined search and address bar means you can get search suggestions or go to a web address right away.
* The ability to switch search providers easily means more efficient searching. Want to check if that actor was in that movie with that other guy a few years ago? Just enter his name and select “IMDB” as the search option, to get the facts directly from IMDB. This works with providers such as Amazon, eBay and Wikipedia, too.
It’s free. Get Opera Mini for iPhone and iPad from the App Store.