Opera’s State of the Android Mobile Web
This special State of the Android Mobile Web report takes a closer look into the mobile browsing behavior of smartphone users in India.
Here are some highlights from the State of the Android Mobile Web report:
Facebook leading the pack
Some 21.7% of all data used by Opera Mini’s Android users is for Facebook, followed by Google at 5.8% and ESPNcricinfo at 1.7%.
Discover information via Opera
Almost 50% of the top hundred domains visited by Opera Mini’s Android users are related to news and information, search, price comparison and e-commerce.
Samsung rules all the way
A breakdown of the top-100 Android devices of Indian Opera Mini users shows Samsung leading the pack with a 31% market share, followed by Sony at 23% and Micromax at 15%.
They love 'em cheap
Nine of the top-10 Android devices cost less than Rs. 10,000
Browse more, save more
The data consumed by Opera Mini users on smartphones is 127% higher than the data consumed by Opera Mini users on basic phones.
The mobile youth
The typical profile of an Opera Mini Android user in India is a male between 18 to 24 years of age.
Top 20 Android devices
1. Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-S5360)
2. Samsung Galaxy Y Duos (GT-S6102)
3. Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i
4. Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Lite (GT-S5302)
5. Samsung Galaxy Pop GT-S5570
6. Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos (GT-S6802)
7. Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830)
8. HTC Explorer A310e
9. Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670
10. Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100)
11. Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300)
12. Samsung Galaxy S Duos (GT-S7562)
13. Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
14. Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (GT-S7500)
15. Samsung Galaxy Tab (GT-P3100)
16. Micromax Ninja A87
17. Idea Blade
18. Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman (WT19i)
19. Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-i9300)
20. Micromax Ninja A57
For the detailed report, visit: http://business.opera.com/smw/india/android/