Windows 10 has officially rolled out, and Opera for computers is working well on this new system.
While Windows 10 comes with new features and an improved look and feel, it also comes with some settings that can be tricky to change, such as your default apps. When it comes to changing your default browser, there are several ways you can do this on Windows 10. I’ll walk you through two of them.
How to set your default browser on Windows 10 from the Start menu:
- From the Start menu, open Settings and select System.
- Select Default apps from the left-hand side of the screen.
- Scroll down to Web browser. If you haven’t already made changes, Microsoft Edge will appear here.
- Click the default browser option and choose Opera Internet Browser.
That’s it! You have now successfully changed your default browser on Windows 10 to Opera.
How to set your default browser on Windows 10 from Opera settings:
Many of you are used to setting Opera as default through your browser settings. You can still do this. Just follow these steps:
- Make sure you’ve downloaded Opera for computers.
- Once you’ve done that, open your Settings and click Browser.
- Select Make Opera my default browser under Default Browser.
Windows 10 will then display a pop-up window describing additional steps to change the browser in their system settings. (You will be forced to close out of this window before opening your system settings.) Then, will need to follow the four steps from the first section of this post, that is: Start menu -> Settings -> System -> Default apps -> Web browser.
A better solution coming soon
We understand this process takes some extra time and clicks. So, we are working on a better solution that will take you directly to the “Default apps” page in your system settings. Stay tuned to see this feature in the stable release.
Let us know how you’ve enjoyed browsing with Opera so far on Windows 10!