We can all agree that the internet is a boon – it has made our lives easier. Most of us use the internet to browse about anything and everything. Browsing the web allows us to hear different ideas, learn something new, or do other amazing things. As life speeds up in this on-demand culture, we tend to grow more impatient. We want what we want when we want it.
Whether it’s an unstable internet connection, a busy network or our mobile settings and apps seemingly working against us, there are several reliable methods to take charge and harness the mighty internet’s powers.
Here are a few ways to get a faster internet experience:
- Check your connection: Find out how much of your Wi-Fi or mobile network is holding you back with apps like Speedtest. Heavy congestion, peak hours or issues with your network provider or data plan can significantly affect your connection. Check with your network provider about how they can provide you with better coverage. Opera Mini users can test their network connections under the Advanced option in Settings.
- Declutter your phone: Clear out your phone memory and make use of external storage where you can. On some devices, you can make sure all downloads end up on your SD card, or you could utilize cloud/drive services like Dropbox.
- Close background apps: Background apps not only consume both data and battery life, but also can impact your phone’s performance. Close any unwanted apps and keep an eye on how much data your apps consume in general. If you have an Android phone, download the Opera Max data-saving and data-management tool, which compresses data across most apps and gives you better control over your apps’ data usage (e.g., you can set data-hungry apps to run only on Wi-Fi).
- Disable auto-sync: Some apps that have features such as syncing automatically with your account, which can slow you down. Make sure you disable these data-draining apps or, if possible, opt to sync data manually at a pre-set time. This will help in saving data and give you a faster internet experience on the app you are using.
- Update your browser: There are many browsers available, but the lightweight Opera Mini can transform your online experience, no matter the network conditions. It crunches down the size of websites before they get to your phone. A data-savings tracker gives you a visual representation of your progress – showing the original size of data versus how much data you actually have received/downloaded. If conditions are really patchy and you need to boost your page-loading speed, you can configure your image-loading settings either to prompt you to load images or to avoid loading images at all.
If you have some more tips that can help in experiencing faster internet from the mobile phone then do share them with us in the comments section below.
Like what you've read?
Download Opera Mini for your mobile and browse the web faster without ads.Download Opera Mini