So, we have been showering quite a bit of Opera love on the iOS platform lately. Of course, Opera is still purely OS agnostic, 😉 it just happens that two of our most advanced browsers debuted with cool updates on the iOS platform recently. And, they are each in a league of their own:
- Opera Coast 4.0, the most intuitive, touch-friendly browser
- Based on touch gestures, with nearly no buttons, it treats websites like apps and allows you to access fullscreen content.
- And, now, it offers Opera Turbo compression, which reduces webpages to a fraction of the original size, for speedier browsing and less data consumption.
- The new share feature turns links into web postcards, ready to caption and send directly to email, messenger apps and social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Vkontakte, WhatsApp and Line.
- It also allows you to continue browsing on a Handoff-enabled browser (like Opera for Mac) on a nearby laptop.
2. Opera Mini 9 for iOS, the only browser in the world that compresses video
- Opera Mini compresses up to 90% of the text and images in webpages. This helps you expand your data plan, as you can view more webpages for the same amount of data.
- Opera Mini 9 for iOS introduced video boost. This means less buffering while watching videos. In addition, you also save even more on data usage. Now, you can watch many more videos within your data plan quota.
We hope you guys have as much fun trying these amazing, new products out as we did making them. Download them from here:
Give ‘em a spin and let us know what you think. 😉 And, if you happen to be in Mumbai tomorrow, Saturday 20th, be sure to drop by our latest #OperaMeetup. You can register for it here.