India is home to the largest population of Opera Mini users in the world. It is also home to the fastest-growing smartphones market in the world. With a plethora of options available at attractive prices, more and more Indian Opera Mini users are now upgrading to smartphones.
We took a closer look at our Android users – the type of devices they use and what keeps them busy online, and came up with the State of the Android Mobile Web report for India.
Here are the highlights:
- The number of Opera Mini users on Android is as high as the number of Java users, 44% and 45% respectively.
- A breakdown of the top 100 handsets shows that Micromax has the biggest share (30%) in this category, followed by Samsung (25%).
- Samsung users consume more data and view more webpages compared to other users.
There are 77% of Opera Mini users on Android, accessing the web from phones that cost Rs 10,000 and under.
- Seven out of every ten webpages viewed by Opera Mini users are from Facebook.
- Shopping portals experienced a mammoth 356% growth in user visits over last year. The most accessed site is Flipkart, followed by Amazon and Snapdeal.
- More and more users are now accessing education and job portals, as well as blogs.
Android users on Opera Mini love watching videos on websites, with this category growing by 205% since 2013. YouTube leads this category.
You can download the detailed report and infographic from here.
Like what you've read? You would also like our browser!
Download Opera Mini for your mobile, browse the web faster without adsDownload Opera Mini