Opera 73.0.3834.0 developer update
We’re very happy to present a new feature we’ve been working on lately – Player! The Player feature lets you easily access and control your music services, like Spotify, by integrating them into the browser. Just click the new icon on the sidebar and choose your music service. If you use multiple music services, you can switch between them using the dropdown menu at the top of the panel.
Currently we offer these three services, with more to come:
- Apple Music
- YouTube Music
The music in Player is automatically paused when another source of music is active in your browser – like audio from one of your open tabs – and will automatically resume once the other source of music stops, or is paused. The Player icon will change depending on this context, so you can see instantly if music is active, inactive, or paused.
- When inactive, you see the default Player icon.
- If sound is being played, the icon is blue.
- If Opera has auto-paused the sound, the icon is overlaid with a tiny pause icon.
This is a brand-new feature that is still in development, so we will continue to iron out any bugs that occur.
Chromium is updated to version 87.0.4270.0 and the whole list of changes is here.
- Opera developer for Windows (Using the Opera developer for Windows installer means you have accepted the Opera for Computers EULA)
- Opera developer for Windows (Portable version)
- Opera developer for macOS
- Opera developer for Linux – deb packages
- Opera developer for Linux – RPM packages
- Opera developer for Linux – snap package