Today’s developer build brings Chromecast support, adds cryptocurrencies conversions and continues bookmarks bar refactoring, which started in the last release. It also addresses the problem of session losses that happen when Opera crashes on startup, a possible occurrence in the developer channel.
Chromecast is gaining popularity. Recently, Google revealed that it has sold 55 million Chromecasts, up from 30 million in July 2016. Before you can start casting, you need to enable the support first. Head to Settings (Preferences on macOS) -> Browser -> User interface and tick “Enable Chromecast support”.
To start casting YouTube videos, just click the cast icon found in the video’s player controls. Alternatively, you can select “Cast…” from the page’s context menu or from the O-Menu (Windows, Linux) or View (macOS). Opera 50 supports casting for videos, tabs and the full desktop.
Currency converter extended with cryptocurrencies
List of currencies recognized by our currency converter is extended with four popular cryptocurrencies:
- Bitcoin (BTC), 1.00 BTC
- Ethereum (ETH), 1.00 ETH
- Bitcoin Cash (BTH), 1.00 BCH
- Litecoin (LTC), 1.00 LTC
Protect your session against crashes
Upon a crash loop detection, Opera will not remove your current browsing session. Instead, all pages will be marked for manual reload upon re-activation, except for the current tab which will detail the encountered problem. This will fix the annoying problem of losing all opened tabs due to an unrelated problem such as with syncing, for instance.
Of course, it’s worth noting the following fixes:
- [Win] rusradio.ua, hitfm.ua players didn’t play music.
- [Mac, High Sierra] Fix for Netflix’s error message “Whoops, something went wrong…” .
Chromium version 63.0.3230.0
Check changelog for the full report.
- [Chromecast][Linux] Opera crashes during casting desktop.
- [Chromecast][Mac] Extension remains red even when casting.
- Opera developer for Windows (Using Opera developer for Windows installer means Opera for Computers EULA is accepted)
- Opera developer for Windows (Portable version)
- Opera developer for macOS
- Opera developer for Linux – deb packages
- Opera developer for Linux – RPM packages