Opera 48 inches closer to its next stage of life as a browser: beta. Until then, we have some nifty improvements to share with you.
Our new snapshot tool, adapted from Opera Neon, received some upgrades. Today’s build places a snapshot option item in the Opera menu and fixes a known issue with “Capture Full Site”. Now it takes a snapshot of the whole site, not just the visible area.
You can quickly call up the snapshot tool with Ctrl + Shift + 5 (Windows) / ⌘ + ⇧ + 5 (macOS) then press ENTER to capture selected area and share it with just one click (macOS and Windows 10).
Your reports are flying in! But, we would like to see more to help us make improvements everywhere possible. Keep those feedback responses coming as they are crucial to enhancing your browsing experience.
The feedback you provide informs our developers with problems within a domain address. Attaching a comment with the reported issue helps us quickly track down and tackle the problem.
Remove history suggestions
Starting from today’s developer, it’s much easier to remove history items suggested in the address bar. Whether that’s a mistyped search or a page you want to forget about, you can get rid of it with just one click. Deletable search or page URLs will have an ‘X’ on the far right end of the entry in the combined search and address bar dropdown. Previously, you had to dig into your history log to delete it.
Note: Removal of history suggestions is available on Windows and Linux.
Other changes worth mentioning
- Fixed seeking and volume control problems on Vimeo.
- Fix for crash when trying to delete a bookmark from a nested folder on the bookmark bar.
- Added refresh button to error page shown for messengers in sidebar.
- Fix for high CPU usage on Google and Yandex maps if hardware acceleration is disabled.
- List of recently closed tabs and windows is stored between sessions.
- [Windows, Linux] List of recently closed tabs and windows added to History section in O-Menu.
- [Windows, Linux] ‘Export bookmarks…’ option added to Bookmarks section in O-Menu.
- [Windows 7] Fix for rare situation when UAC was shown every time Opera was launched.
- [macOS] A long URL could overlap displayed number of blocked ads.
- Chromium updated to 61.0.3163.25.
- There are issues with snapshot on HiDPI screens.
Check the changelog for the full report.
Like what you've read?
The Opera browser is designed for speed, efficiency and protection - see why people are using Opera.Download Opera Now