Opera developer 48.0.2664.0 adds screen capture tool
When we released Opera Neon in January, one of the most well-received features from our concept browser was the snap-to-gallery tool. The one-click utility allowed you to snap a pic of the coolest parts of the web.
We have brought it here to the Opera developer channel by adding a camera icon to the sidebar. Clicking it will open an adjustable frame on the web page, and hitting ‘Capture’ will snap the screenshot. If capturing only a portion of the page is not enough, you can quickly snap the entire visible page by selecting ‘Capture Full Site’. The snap tool offers the choices of saving the screenshot to a location on your system or to your clipboard.
Snap is always at your hand in the sidebar, and you’re free to configure which tools are visible.
Further, we’ve done some needed rearrangements in the Opera Menu for Windows and Linux systems. Items in the menu are organized in their relatable sections, most notably relating to bookmarks, and we have placed the developer section in its own and always visible place.
- ‘Capture Full Site’ can ignore current viewport
- Canvas elements are not visible on snaps
- [Windows][hidpi] Coordinates for snap are incorrect
- [Windows] Crash can occur when copying full site snap into clipboard
- [Retina] Area selection is not smooth enough
Check the changelog for the full report.
- Opera developer for Windows (Using Opera developer for Windows installer means Opera for Computers EULA is accepted)
- Opera developer for Windows (Portable version)
- Opera developer for macOS
- Opera developer for Linux – deb packages
- Opera developer for Linux – RPM packages