Good morning, afternoon or evening to you all,
Our ever-connecting world allows us to network with people and events all across the globe. This can mean, however, that a faraway time zone will confuse you. It’s never good to be late for an online conference call!
We continue to improve our converter tools in today’s Opera 48 developer update. We recently introduced 14 different unit converters and made it easier to use. Now, we have developed a time zone converter.
Whenever you need to know what 14:33:24 CEST, 7:00 PM MDT or 12:40 GMT time is on your local clock, just select the text and Opera will check your time.
This also works for a variety of written formats for dates. You can try out these examples here: 03-02-2009 9:12 PDT, or 30-06-2003 10:09 GMT.
The latest build supports 26 different time zones:
- PST / PDT: Pacific Standard / Daylight Time
- MST / MDT: Mountain Standard / Daylight Time
- CST / CDT: Central Standard / Daylight Time
- EST / EDT: Eastern Standard / Daylight Time
- AST / ADT: Atlantic Standard Time / Daylight Time
- NST / NDT: Newfoundland Standard Time / Daylight Time
- GMT: Greenwich Mean Time
- BST: British Summer Time
- MET: Middle Europe Time
- CET / CEST: Central Europe Time / Daylight (Summer) Time
- EET / EEST: Eastern Europe Time / Daylight (Summer) Time
- WET / WEST: Western Europe Time / Daylight (Summer) Time
- JST: Japan Standard Time
- KST: Korean Standard Time
- IST: Indian Standard Time
- MSK: Moscow Standard Time
Your local time is determined by your system’s time settings.
- Crash related to prerendered pages from last build is now fixed.
- We fixed a nasty bug with a nonworking left click on macOS. There should be no problems now, even with clicking on very thin tabs.
- @Alexs, we’ve got ‘Black stripes around windows’ fixed on Linux. Check if it’s fine for you!
- We fixed some missing translation for ‘all bookmarks’ and ‘unsorted bookmarks’.
- Search pop up is visible again on Linux.
- It’s possible to select entire text from search box on Window and Linux.
- Import of bookmarks from Yandex Browser added.
- Chromium updated to 61.0.3141.7.
- Crash on startup with old sidebar settings in Preferences file
Check the changelog for the full report.