Today, we bring you the initial developer release of Opera 45. In this version we have an update for the Reborn project, introducing Whatsapp as the second messenger in the sidebar.
Project Reborn is progressing
Browsers need to evolve. This is why we made the future vision we showed with Opera Neon and why we’re rapidly making progress with the redesigned interface, codenamed Reborn.
Like in Opera Neon, Reborn modernizes the browser with new icons, colors, and a touch of animation.
The first glimpse of the Reborn interface was released two weeks ago, and now, after such a short time, the project is ready for another refresh in the developer stream. Following all the feedback we received from you, some small improvements, such as colors, contrasts, readability, and space above tabs, have been added.
WhatsApp joins the club
We love using Messenger.com in Opera’s new sidebar. Today, we have added support for WhatsApp (web.whatsapp.com). This means you get a very easy way to use these messengers without needing to switch tabs. Similarly for Messenger.com, you can simply log in to the service and start chatting. We have also added a shortcut for quick access (⌘ + ⇧ + m on macOS, CTRL + SHIFT + m on Windows)
We also plan to continue adding more messengers.
Thank you for all the feedback
We are humbled about all the feedback we are getting for the Reborn and Neon projects. Please keep it coming to help us make the browsers for the future a lot better!
- We fixed the problem with opening speed dials and suggestions in a new window
- We lowered flash requirements to version 23 so Linux users don’t have to install the latest flash
- And more…
- Opera developer for Windows (Using Opera developer for Windows installer means Opera for Computers EULA is accepted)
- Opera developer for Windows (Portable version)
- Opera developer for macOS
- Opera developer for Linux – deb packages
- Opera developer for Linux – RPM packages