Initial Opera 36 developer release
Today, unlike our previous initial O35 release, in this very first O36 cycle release, we are releasing… Opera, 36 version 🙂
Many of you felt that the previous, final O34 blogpost was missing feature details, so we want to jump straight to these details for O36. In the Opera 36 cycle, we are working on the following feature improvements:
- Speed Dial – Soon you should be able to see a refreshed, more elegant and easier-to-use solution. You can already find a flag (opera://flags/?search=navi#web-ui-navigation-sidepanel) to put the navigation bar to the left side. Enhanced design and on/off switches for components are also on the way. That ugly, white-blinking effect when switching to bookmarks manager is known, and we are working on a fix now.
- News – This feature should be personalized, super fast to use and customizable. Our work here is continuation of a longer process devoted to enhancements. For the next version, we’re also looking into supporting RSS feeds via News.
- Simple, yet powerful UI – On the one hand, we want to simplify the UI, removing, for example, the sync button from the top UI. But, on the other hand, we’d like to give you more tools and options to adjust your browser according to your preferences. What would you like to see?
- More extensions on the toolbar – The long-awaited expander should be delivered in this cycle, which is important for those of you who use a lot of extensions.
- Windows 10 UI improvements – This is something you have already seen in O35 cycle that should now be finalized and delivered to the stable version.
- Synchronization engine improvements – These should mean you get fewer l server-connection kickouts, improving reliability of the service.
- A few more stealth projects – More will be revealed about these later.
As usual, we can’t promise that any of these improvements will hit final in O36 – or ever hit stable at all. Nevertheless, significant Speed Dial changes should arrive next week in the upcoming Developer update. For now, we’d really like to hear your feedback, and, as always, we are waiting to get new flag comments from our fans!
Go and explore; then, share your feedback with us.
- Opera developer for Windows
- Opera developer for Mac
- Opera developer for 32-bit Linux – deb file
- Opera developer for 64-bit Linux – deb file
- Opera developer for 32-bit Linux – RPM file
- Opera developer for 64-bit Linux – RPM file
Changelog: Full changelog link