We’re happy to announce that the Opera browser is available for the first time as a desktop app on yet another platform – Windows 8 and 8.1 – starting today, available from the Windows Store.
You can find, download and rate the latest version of Opera for computers, Opera 24, from the Windows Store, for free.
Some of the key features of Opera are:
- Speed up on slow networks.
- Search and navigate easily.
- Browse with style.
- Find something unexpected with our Discover feature.
- Organize your favorites with Speed Dial.
What’s new in Opera 24? The desktop browser that was launched earlier this month has:
- Tab previews: Get a large preview of a webpage when hovering the mouse over a tab.
- Better hi-res support: Windows users with very dense displays can now enjoy sharper-looking UI, similar to what Opera for Mac users get on Retina screens.
- Improved private mode: We’ve made private windows more obvious, to help you distinguish these windows from your regular ones.
The Opera app is available in the Windows Store in the following languages: English, Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Portuguese, Italian, Polish, Ukrainian, Norwegian and Indonesian. The app will be updated regularly with the most recent versions of Opera for computers.
If you are an Opera fan, go ahead and review us on the Windows Store!
[This image is clickable if you are on Windows 8 or over.]