Opera 51.0.2830.0 developer update
Welcome to the first Opera developer update for 2018. Please read to find some news of this release below.
Import bookmarks added in bookmarks manager
To make Bookmarks manager to be an entry point for all bookmarks actions, we’ve added imported bookmarks as a single folder there together with exported bookmarks, available in the expandable menu. All bookmarks imported from other web browsers will be filed in this folder.
Ad blocker improvements
Since we’ve released our native ad blocking feature, we’re still working to improve it. Last week, we added the anti-Bitcoin mining tool as an included feature with our ad blocker.
With string matching algorithm improvements, our tests have shown up to 13% average performance increase.
Allow all sites to use Flash
Today’s developer update now offers the option to allow Flash to run on all sites without request. By default, Opera requires sites to ask first before allowing sites to run Flash.
If you wish to allow all sites to run Flash without prior request, go to Settings (Preferences on macOS) > Websites > Flash.
- Opera for Mac now supports AppleScript, allowing you to create snippets for Alfred or automate your workflow easily.
- HiDPI improvements
- Chromium version 64.0.3282.15
- Opera developer for Windows (Using Opera developer for Windows installer means Opera for Computers EULA is accepted)
- Opera developer for Windows (Portable version)
- Opera developer for macOS
- Opera developer for Linux – deb packages
- Opera developer for Linux – RPM packages