Last week, we didn’t have a developer update because we wanted to focus on the Opera 49 initial beta release which included the snapshot editor. However, it doesn’t mean we didn’t spend any time working on Opera 50. Today’s build includes features and fixes for all three platforms.
Tab’s context menu is more functional
Items in the tab’s context menu were cleaned up and grouped into related sections while receiving new actions.
Reopening closed tabs and windows became easier. “Reopen Last Closed Tab” moved to the bottom of the list and can change to “Reopen Last Closed Window,” depending on what was closed last. “Reload” and “Reload All Tabs” are two new functions to quickly refresh your current browsing session. The latter will ask for your confirmation if you have more than 10 tabs opened.
Improved unit converter
Unit converter is getting positive reviews from the press and users. Today it is becoming even better as we’ve added support for millimeters [mm] to be converted into inches [in].
In addition, there’s also support for dimensions. This means, starting today, you’ll be able to convert the dimensions of a 10 x 10″ picture frame or a 10 x 50 x 25 mm collectible toy car.
More emojis in snapshot editor
Snapshot editor was unveiled together with Opera 49 initial beta. Today’s developer build has all the same features and has been enriched with additional emojis.
Highlight of other changes and fixes that are included in this build:
- [Mac] Part of tab was not clickable.
- [Mac] Cmd + Shift + M didn’t hide communicator window.
- [Mac] Pinch to zoom was not working.
- [Mac] Private mode updated.
- [Mac touchbar] Mask-icons didn’t work.
- [Win, HiDPI] Black frame around drown down list.
- [Win, HiDPI] Search-Copy pop-up badly rendered.
- [Win, HiDPI] Title bar didn’t look good in dark mode.
- [Linux] Opera didn’t start on Debian if package chromium-widevine was installed.
- [Linux] Black border on sidebar communicator striked back on Intel graphic GPU.
Chromium version 63.0.3218.0.
Check the changelog for the full report.
- DNA-64787: Crash loop after starting Opera with some Sync sessions
- DNA-64808: Unable to open custom Speed Dials (added by user)
- Opera developer for Windows (Using Opera developer for Windows installer means Opera for Computers EULA is accepted)
- Opera developer for Windows (Portable version)
- Opera developer for macOS
- Opera developer for Linux – deb packages
- Opera developer for Linux – RPM packages