Full holiday season, but still in Opera we have a bunch of fixes and improvements.
Another week another set of changes in personal news. This time we have both visual and under the hood changes.
- News tile can have POPULAR or CUSTOM SOURCE badges. They will allow you to spot your RSSes inside a long feed of news. POPULAR badge will appear on tiles that are opened more often.
- Clicking source label in custom sources takes you to the source.
- Support for more RSS/Atom feeds, please report if your favourite sources don’t work.
- Added caching for custom sources to improve load times.
- Onboarding issues fixed in addition to other problems spotted on the way.
- More UI tweaks and improvements.
In the meanwhile we have kept working on video pop out. We are listening to your feedback and observing our friends, families and whoever we can to check how you like and use that feature. Let’s summarise what’s included in the latest build.
- Video pop out button is less intrusive.
- Once video is popped out into it’s own window, there is no button to reverse the action over the original video.
- Video pop out button is not shown for short videos (shorter than 16 seconds).
- There is just one button ‘X’ to close the window.
- Closing windows doesn’t stop playback.
- Even more sites and players are supported.
- Clicking on video pauses / resumes the playback instantly.
Also we added new error pages, which should be nicer, clearer and more useful.
For full list of changes, please take a look at the changelog.