Today we’ve got some fresh builds from the developer stream. It is mainly a fixup release, with the following brief highlights:
- Adblocker now consumes a lot less memory on start (up to 100MB less!)
- Fix: articles not loaded on some sites with adblocker on (e.g. pcworld.com).
- There are also several updates in the UI and exception lists.
- Fix: selecting language in the spellchecker.
- Fix: crashes due to unregistered new permission in extensions.
- Clipboard access in WebUI pages is now correctly applied.
- Fix: unable to close browser while downloading a file.
- Fix: opening of bookmark folder items from the context menu.
- Fix: exceptions lists in Settings are now visible again.
- Fix: download resumption not working after restart.
- Personal news:This feature is under heavy development right now, so the #personal-news flag is still disabled by default. The team is working on improvements and adding more cool stuff there. You can enable the feature flag and share your feedback about our tuned news page.
We are aware that embedded YouTube videos cannot be played in the fullscreen mode, and are working on the fix.
Also, the Linux users will again have issues with h264 videos. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Chromium was updated to version 51.0.2687.0.
- Opera developer for Windows
- Opera developer for Windows x64 – experimental
- Opera developer for MacOS
- Opera developer for 32-bit Linux – deb file
- Opera developer for 64-bit Linux – deb file
- Opera developer for 32-bit Linux – RPM file
- Opera developer for 64-bit Linux – RPM file
Changelog: Full changelog link
Like what you've read?
The Opera browser is designed for speed, efficiency and protection - see why people are using Opera.Download Opera Now