Opera for Windows and Mac makes browsing the web beautiful, efficient and fast. We’ve now come to version 20. You can update Opera automatically, or download it.
Here are the highlights of features that we’re introducing with this version of Opera:
Drag and drop Speed Dial entries to the bookmarks bar
Drag and drop a website to your Speed Dial or bookmarks bar
More menu items
More Speed Dial customization
We added a new feature to the advanced settings. Today, Opera uses quite large thumbnails to display Speed Dial entries. You can disable this and get a much smaller size. This feature is for the minimalists out there, or those with a lot of Speed Dial entries. Note that we are still enhancing advanced settings, you can find more already in developer stream.
This is how your Speed Dial can look like with small thumbnails:
- Improved screenshots for Stash – goodbye blurry images!
- Performance improvements for loading themes.
- An advanced setting to confirm exit when using Command–Q on Mac.
- A broken padlock badge in the URL bar, if the site’s certificate is not valid. This is a “proceed with caution” indicator rather than an red alert.
- Inline installation of extensions. This makes it easy to install security-vetted extensions hosted in the Opera add-ons store, but without leaving its associated site, thereby reducing friction.