Great news for all of you S60 folks: there's a freshly updated version of Opera Mini just for you!
As always in our releases, there were lots of little improvements, but the main focus in the new Opera Mini 7.1 was improving the download manager. From saving and resuming files when a download is interrupted to having dedicated folders for the music, movies and other files you download most, it's easier than ever before to get your favorite online content.
So go ahead and download the update for your phone now, right from here.
And let us know what you think!
Check out Reddit-Dial, a highly customizable extension for Opera that runs real time submissions from Reddit directly in your Speed Dial and notifies you about unread messages.
We discovered this extension by Redditor SirFancyMcFancePants, who recommended this extension in a sub-category of the popular website Reddit, we just had to try it.
Reddit-Dial has about 1,200 downloads so far, which we think is unfair. If you're a Reddit and an Opera user, we think you will like this extension. Give it a spin, and remember to rate and let developer DoTheEvo know what you think about it!
If you've got a My Opera account, you know that there is always a lot going on. New photos, blog posts, conversations and of course new people are popping up all the time. You wouldn't want to miss out on any of that good stuff, would you?
With this new Speed Dial extension, you can be sure never miss a new friend request or My Opera mail again ! Click here to install it for yourself.
By the way, did you know that My Opera is one of the oldest Speed Dials ever included in Opera?
2012 was a blast for us. We had a lot of fun releasing new products and services, blogging and keeping you up to date on what was going on here at Opera. Here are the stories that pulled the highest amount of page views – they give us an indication of what you like to read. We hope to post more stories about Opera's new products and services the coming year!
Top-5 read Choose Opera articles:
- Opera 12: Instant Makeover: Good things come to those who wait. We were happy to announce that Opera 12 was finally here. This new version of Opera was packed with themes and a multitude of other cool features to play around with.
- Opera Mini 7 and Opera Mobile 12: What's better than 9 Speed Dials? Unlimited Speed Dials. That was one of many new features released in this update to Opera Mini and Opera Mobile.
- What is the Best Android browser? The popular website Lifehacker made an attempt with a poll to determine what was the best Android browser…
- Meet the New Opera Mini 7 Smart Page: We want you to have the best Internet experience available – regardless of what phone you are using. That's why we were happy to announce Opera Mini 7 for feature phones.
- Preview ratings of YouTube videos: This Opera extension allows you to preview the user rating for every Youtube video on every page by adding a small bar under the details like the one you are used to see for your current video.
Top-5 read Dev Opera articles:
- Extensions come to Opera Mobile: The Opera Labs release of Opera Mobile with support for extensions!
- Opera Mobile Labs 11.5 for MeeGo netbooks and tablets: Since releasing Opera Mobile 11.5 for Android earlier this month, we have been working on an updated Labs release for MeeGo netbooks and tablets running Intel Atom processors.
- 64-bit Opera, and out-of-process plug-ins: 64-bit builds of Opera were a popular treat in 2012.
- Introduction to The Web Standards Curriculum/Table of Contents: Although the article is obsolete, it still pulls in a lot of clicks every month, which makes it to our top-5 list of most read articles on Dev Opera in 2012.
It's only a few days into the new year, which means you probably remember where you were and what you were doing when midnight struck. But do you remember what the first website was that you called up on January 1?
Do an instant rewind when you use the History feature in Opera.
In Opera Mini, you can access your history from the main Opera menu. (On desktop, you'll find it in the Tools menu.)
Have a quick look and let us know what you find. Were you connecting with friends and family? Looking up ways to support the resolutions – or goals – you've made for the year ahead? Or were you just trying to relax and entertain yourself for a bit? Let us know in the comments!